Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Overwhelmed :)


Hi Friends! Before I give you the update to my previous post, I just want to thank Inge', Donna, Darrel and Ron so so much for the prayers, encouragement and kind words you had given to me. God is so good that in this time of uncertainty, He has surrounded me with caring friends :)

Inge', thank you for your prayers. Yes, you are right indeed. One just can't stop speculating and guessing what's gonna happen next! Thank you for reminding me that whatever happens, God has His best interest for me.

Donna, thank you for your prayers too! I do agree that God will see me through all challenges and everything happens because God knows best :)

Hi Darrel! Welcome to my blog :) I think I read some of your comments on Inge's and Small Footprints' blogs. I will be visiting your blog soon. Thank you for sharing with me about your personal experience with mergers/acquisitions. I sure hope your latter experience would happen to me too :)

Ron, thanks for the encouragement. And also thanks for sharing your experience with me from the perspective of the "bigger fish". I guess nothing's easy when these things happen. How I wish I could just cook the fish and eat it now...


Alright, let's get down to business, shall we? So what's gonna happen to me? My Nutrition Division? Apparently, the so-called "transaction" has not fully taken place yet. No money's been paid by Pfizer yet. And the shareholders have yet to vote until April. Based on my CEO, Mr Bernard Poussot's message, the transaction will take place sometime in the second half of 2009. Hahahahahahahahaha............ Sorry for bursting out in laughter... But those of you who had been following my blog faithfully and for so loyally, will know that, by then, I'll be GONE! Wooohoooooooo! I've got nothing to worry about. I mean, talk about how coincidental and how perfect is the timing! And that also means that, I will still have a job until I leave... LOL (make that the evil Dracula laughter...)

Isn't it amazing how God works sometimes? Well, ok... ALL times. Just that we fail to see how amazing it is most of the times.

Anyways, even if I did stay on (probability = 0%), it is said that Pfizer will retain the Nutrition Division, and probably retain my position too. But too bad. I'll be gone then. Ok, for people like Darrel who is new to my blog, after my wedding dinners in July, I'll be heading to the United States of America. Purpose? To go camping with Ron. No kidding. That's the only reason I am going to US for.

Ahaahaha! Gotcha! In actuality, (oh no, do I have to explain myself again here?) in actuality, I'm going there for multiple reasons, besides going camping with Ron. First, I want to do my MBA. Second, I hope to gain overseas working experience (yeah, I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes at this reason, since US is one of the last places on earth for an Asian to come searching for a job). And most importantly, to be with my lovely beloved wife (by then) a.k.a. baby, who is already doing her neurology posting in Columbia, MO more than half a year ago. And of course, to fulfil my dream of sleeping under the stars ;)

Oh well... thanks again, Friends. You don't know how much all that you had said and done means to me :) Have a great Wednesday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad that it has worked out for you! And you know ... I'm so excited for you ... you have so many wonderful changes coming up. In Spanish there is a phrase which translated goes: Life is full of surprises ... and surprises are full of life!

Even when you are having a rough day ... I can feel your smile coming through your words! Marvelous!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Reading your post made me smile from cheeck to cheeck! Awesome news! I kinda knew that aquisitions usually take a while, but I wasn't sure if it was the same way overseas. Most of the time it can take months just to get the necessary approvals from the board, the federal trade commisions, etc. And hey, look at what happened with my company, by the time the merger was all approved, we simply didnt' have the MONEY! The world is a crazy place to be in right now....Mars anyone?

Hey, camping is going to be AWESOME! Looking forward to it! I'm going to show you a good time, my friend.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks and I greatly appreciate your comments, Small Footprints and Ron!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:01:00 AM  
Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

Hey--but u will not leave ur blog right?

Hmnn--what about the wedding? lol!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Sometimes we worry for nothing! I'm so glad this is working out in your favor, John.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Mys Lyke Meeh, nope, not leaving my blog, and yes, I will remember to blog about my wedding :)

Thanks so much, Donna :)

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home